Please note that one of these, by itself, will not meet the £136 minimum order for shipping to the UK; see our Terms and Conditions for more details.
The Joy of Mix
North Coast makes the Eurorack four-knob utility mixer sound great again with this minimalist design featuring just six transistors. Where a conventional mixer would typically require at least five operational amplifier units each containing a dozen or more transistors, we cut the complexity and distill mixing to its essence. This is a new design made with current components and modern manufacturing quality; but its Class A amplifiers operate on principles that go all the way to the dawn of electronic signal processing.
Suitable for both audio and control voltages, with bonus features that don't compromise the minimalist philosophy: positive and negative offset; simultaneous DC- and AC-coupled outputs; maximum gain a little over unity for when you need that extra push over the cliff. It can also function as a transistor distortion effect, by offsetting the signal until it clips and then using the AC-coupled output.
The MSK 011 is available as a pre-built 6HP Eurorack module or a DIY kit. Simplicity never sounded so good.
- High-quality potentiometers with bushings fastened to the panel for wobble-free operation; conductive plastic for smooth feel
- All-new design, not a clone or imitation of anything else
- Classic discrete-transistor design style; DIY kit ships with silicon 2N5088 transistors for a clean modern sound, easily modifiable to use other recent or "vintage" types
- No ICs!
- Through-hole for easy hand construction and maintenance
- No compromises on build quality: real aluminum panel, not PCB material, with colour printing; nickel and gold plating on the circuit board; film output coupling capacitor; close-tolerance metal film fixed resistors.
- Fully open design - no lock-in
- 6HP Eurorack synthesizer module, 34mm deep.
- Maximum current requirements in normal use: 9mA +12V, 14mA -12V. Reverse-connection protected.
- Build difficulty: easy. All through-hole. Multimeter recommended for adjustment.
Click title for patch notes, and visit our audio server for more tracks made with the MSK 011.