Versatility and versimilitude
North Coast's Transistor ADSR is a four stage traditional envelope generator for Eurorack synthesizers. With full control of four stages, it can shape percussion notes like an AR envelope, organ notes like an ASR, but also the complete range of acoustic-style and classic-synth notes which the simplified envelopes in some popular multi-modules just cannot handle. Use it in subtractive patches for amplitude or filter cutoff, or branch out into controlling other functions, like vibrato amount.
At a svelte 6HP and only 33mm deep, the Transistor ADSR can fit in almost any rack. A Schmitt-trigger input allows it to trigger from slowly changing voltage sources, opening the door to special effects like gate delay when the MSK 012 is triggered by another envelope (or another MSK 012). Three timing ranges controlled by a rugged front-panel toggle switch cover a wide range of musical applications, with the fastest settings allowing the envelope to run well into the kilohertz range for audio-rate effects and signal conditioning. The smooth conductive-plastic potentiometers are a tactile joy to play and pay for themselves with increased lifespan.
The MSK 012 is available as a pre-built 6HP Eurorack module or a DIY kit. Push the envelope.
- High-quality potentiometers with bushings fastened to the panel for wobble-free operation; conductive plastic for smooth feel
- All-new circuit, not a clone or imitation of anything else
- Classic discrete-transistor design
- No ICs!
- Through-hole for easy hand construction and maintenance
- No compromises on build quality: real aluminum panel, not PCB material, with colour printing; nickel and gold plating on the circuit board; poly film timing capacitors; close-tolerance metal film fixed resistors.
- Fully open design - no lock-in
- 6HP Eurorack synthesizer module, 33mm deep.
- Input attack voltage: 2V, release voltage 1V.
- Output voltage range 0-8V.
- Times: attack 50µs-1.8s, decay 6µs-6.5s, release 8µs-9.5s
- Maximum current requirements in normal use: 10mA +12V, 5mA -12V. Reverse-connection protected.
- Build difficulty: easy. All through-hole. No adjustments needed.
Click title for patch notes, and visit our audio server for more tracks made with the MSK 012.