MSK 010 Fixed Sine Bank
Everywhere A Sine
Never run out of modulation sources again. With the MSK 010 you get eight fixed-frequency LFOs with nice smooth sine waveforms in 8HP, which is one of the best LFO to HP ratios in the Eurorack world.
The MSK 010's Wien-bridge oscillator cores produce low-frequency sine waves natively, in a fully analog way with a minimum of harmonic distortion. There are no glitches from waveshaping or stair-steps from insufficiently filtered digital-to-analog conversion. Modulate synthesis parameters with these for smoothly evolving timbres and mind-expanding soundscapes. Because the cores are fully independent and will not synchronize, a patch using multiple LFOs will not repeat its modulation state for a long time, if ever.
Choose one of three variants of this module, each with its own set of eight nominal frequencies and cycle times. There are no duplicate or near-duplicate frequencies between different variants, so with two or three, you get the full benefit of a larger modulation palette. Note that the nominal frequencies are just that; every module will have its own one-of-a-kind pattern of exact output frequencies within a few percent of the nominal values, due to component tolerances.
- Variant A - 16mHz, 60mHz, 190mHz, 410mHz, 720mHz, 1.3Hz, 4.8Hz, 16Hz (63s cycle time down to 63ms)
- Variant B - 34mHz, 88mHz, 160mHz, 280mHz, 600mHz, 1.8Hz, 3.4Hz, 11Hz (30s cycle time down to 94ms)
- Variant C - 28mHz, 72mHz, 130mHz, 340mHz, 2.2Hz, 4.1Hz, 7.2Hz, 8.8Hz (35s cycle time down to 110ms)
The MSK 010 is available as a pre-built 8HP Eurorack module or for do-it-yourself construction, with prices as low as zero (if you download the plans and source all the parts yourself). Imagine having enough LFOs to modulate everything.
- All-new design, not a clone or imitation of anything else
- Fast starting - full amplitude oscillations within one cycle of power-up, unlike the usual behaviour of an oscillating filter
- Through-hole design for easy hand construction and maintenance
- Connectors between boards, and panel components, mounted on the boards; no flying wires
- All three variants build from the same bill of materials; one full kit or PCB set can be used to build any one variant of your choice.
- No compromises on component quality: real aluminum panel, not PCB material, with colour printing; nickel and gold plating on the circuit boards; close-tolerance fixed resistors and integration capacitors.
- Complete technical documentation released under GPL
- 8HP Eurorack synthesizer module, 43mm deep including mated power cable.
- Maximum current requirements in normal use: 40mA +12V, 40mA -12V. Reverse-connection protected.
- Build difficulty: easy. All through-hole. No adjustment or trimming.